Statement of Faith
Though St. John’s Christian Academy does not ascribe to any one church or denomination we believe these basic tenets unite all Christians:
- We believe that there is one infinite, holy, loving and personal God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; and that He speaks to us in scripture and reveals himself to us in creation, salvation, and renewal. As finite human beings created in God’s image, it is our purpose and privilege to worship, honor, serve, and obey Him.
- We believe that the world belongs to God, who created it and faithfully sustains is by His Providence, mercy, and grace.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s written revelation to man, and that it is divinely inspired, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection, and ascension into heaven, His present ministry of intercession for us, and His personal return to earth in power and glory.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He convicts us of our sinfulness, performs the miracle of the new birth in unbelievers, and indwells believers, enabling them to live godly lives.
- We believe that God, in His own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end. According to His promise, Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return in glory to judge the living and the dead in righteousness.